Jun 14, 2007

The Tear from her Left Eye.....

about this poem

A woman on a stretcher, amidst some rushing doctors,
I sense horror in their mind,
The surgical room closes, concealing everything
But a few relatives left behind !

I know nothing of her disease or ailment
But something is bad, i sigh;
As she was being hurried into the ward,
I had seen a tear in her left eye.

Beside the door, a group of enstranged people
some crying, some trembling in fear
Hesitatingly, i walk to one, take a deep breath:
"what's wrong with her, can you tell me dear ?
This heart in me is praying for you
Your agony I want to hear,
He may test you some times,but trust me,
God is near !"

"her child is dying within her ! ",shouts she
You say God is near?
Even her last dream has been shattered
I tremble at the pain she has to bear
I have lost faith in you and your God
Or in any saint or seer
You might shout to the world
'God is near', 'God is near'
If this is all God can do:
God's presence , I Fear !

The fifth time we are standing here
Inside my sister's under the knife
The fifth time we are all meeting
For an end of a life.

The fifth time , the child in her
Has suddenly stopped breathing
The fifth time, a little heart
Has stopped beating."

Every word of anguish uttered by her
Kept weakening me from within
I wanted to hug her and take all her pain
But was unsure how to begin.

Truth can be so stranger than fiction
Dark truths are not always few
Her every word was frightening
Yet, every word was True..

She adds,"three months of anticipation,
Of buying toys and a teddy bear
Thinking of 'Maa',from its tender lips
The first word mother waits to hear

My sister had selected a name too !
And knitted tiny sweaters for cold
Gave a broad smile everytime it moved
Had even got a walker for it to hold."

And she breaks away in many a tear
Anything more, even i can't hear
I look down with blurred vision
Controlling my tears: i failed in this mission.

And a drop of salty water falls..
From my eye, onto the floor
With a saddened heart i keep staring
At the surgical room door.

Time elapses, the door opens
She's brought out with care
I look at her unfocused eyes and see
Every emotion left Bare

And then my heart stops beating
I give a deep sigh
Because i see the same single tear
Beside her left eye ...


About this Poem

3 comments:

  1. Hey,mr.ocean.....poem was fabulous.
    i'm nt saying dis....bec u r my frnd, bt bec,i know dat u hv written dis poem from u'r heart n i'm proud dat u can understand women's feeling when she xpect.....keep onnnn writing such beautiful poems n make us(readers)learn something frm u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disclose yur poem 2 as many people as u can.........let them 2 no dat there r sme boys left like u......who 22222 can understand feelings n emotions o others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr. wordsworth...
    k now i have a conflict in my mind.. this one is my most fav..
    i always knew u had the perception of catching and capturing beauty of everything by ur words ... but to express pain of sum1 else and u hav depited in a manner tht others ll be proud of u...

    -keep writing , (but here i ll say..) not for others.. but for ur own self.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
The Revered Runes by Sagar Jauhari is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.