Dec 24, 2008

The first sight

It was all white, and a blinding light,
And a faint darkness that I could sense,
Faint sounds sometimes reverberating through me
And a divine warmth which I could not see.

I still couldn't open my eyes but I
Wobbled and moved and turned
Only to find that my world was small:
Every time I reached out, I thumped against a wall.

Then one day I found the world had gone smaller !
Or maybe I had grown by that time,
My neck was craned and I had to relieve the pain:
I stroke with my beak in disdain.

And as if someone was listening for me
I heard two crashes beside my head
With a little hope and more of fear:
The wall was breaking, I thought I could hear !

A moment later, a sharp pain seared
Across my head, down to my limbs
As my chest rose and filled to the end
Ah! It was my first breath, my friend !

And I don't know how it happened
I opened what I felt were my eyes
And the streak of light hurt but I continued to stare
I saw two expectant eyes: my mother was there !

And it was so much a joy: I never felt again;
The egg broke away as I strove to be free:
There was so much in this world for me to see
There was so much in this world for me to see

2 comments:

  1. hey,

    amazing. u have written after a long spell. but this one has justified the duration.

    indeed a gr8 vision... even the baby chicken ll thank u for writing this :D
    last line, is my all time fav..

    ReplyDelete
  2. u have posted after a big spell... but this one justifies the duration.
    gud thinking and vision. lucknow inspired. :)

    last line is my all time fav..

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
The Revered Runes by Sagar Jauhari is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.